PART-TIME CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE (CX) ASSOCIATE
TRNK (www.trnk-nyc.com), the online destination for masculine design, is looking for a passionate, articulate, and detail-oriented CX Associate. In this role, you’ll work closely with our customers and vendors as part of a small, cross-functional team. You’ll provide a stellar customer experience both online and in-person at our new TRNK Studio in NoHo.
This is a great role for a recent graduate who’s interested in design, e-commerce start-ups, and/or sales. The role requires a commitment of 20-25 hours a week, mostly during business hours but ideally with flexibility to work certain evenings or weekends. For the right candidate, schedules can be adjusted to both meet our business needs and accommodate external commitments. This position will work out of our NoHo studio in collaboration with our New York based team.
- Ensure an outstanding customer experience by providing customer support via Zendesk.
- Respond to customer emails, engage in live chats, and answer phone calls regarding product and order inquiries.
- Correspond with vendors to solve order-related issues.
- Build up knowledge of TRNK products to provide sales support for Studio appointments and events.
- 1 year of experience working in an office environment (college students or recent grads welcome)
- Self-starter and “doer” mentality
- Empathetic and articulate in all written and oral communication
- Extremely organized and strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Google Docs and Sheets
- Passion for design
- Experience with start-ups, sales, or customer service
- Hourly, commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should email [email protected] with “CX Associate” in the subject line. Please include a resume and cover letter as well as your earliest available start date.
Design Assistant/Project Manager
TRNK is looking for a passionate, creative and detail-oriented Freelance Design Assistant/Project Manager. In this role, you’ll work closely with the company’s founders to source, coordinate and design for a range of interior design projects. As a small organization with a new service vertical, you’ll gain exposure to all aspects of running a quickly-growing startup. In addition to interior design duties, you’ll also have the opportunity to assist with the launch of pilot programs for new customer service and user experience initiatives. Based on performance, this position has strong potential to evolve into a full-time role.
- Work closely with TRNK’s founders and clients on inspiration and concepting.
- Prepare client deliverables, including proposals, mood boards and schematic designs.
- Project management, including budgeting, cost analysis, invoicing, timelines, deliveries and on-site installation.
- Lead product and materials sourcing (a strong knowledge of NYC design community a plus)
- Manage communications with architects, contractors and vendors.
- Maintain communications with client, including updates to design, budget, timeline, etc.
- Assist in the management and implementation of consultative services for online-based clients (including production of deliverables – mood boards, floor plans, budgets, shopping lists)
- 2+ years of experience at an interior design firm
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, InDesign & Photoshop
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A close alignment with the TRNK design aesthetic
- Hourly, commensurate with experience.
- Freelance, but with strong potential to evolve into a full-time role.
Interested candidates should email [email protected] with “Freelance Design Assistant / Project Manager” in the subject line. Please include a resume, cover letter and work samples, including photos, floor plans and elevations.
Freelance Writers & Photographers
We’re looking for writers and photographers to help expand the content offering on our site. A ton of experience is not necessarily required, but a mature, yet approachable voice is the main thing we consider. Compensation is modest to start (as we’re still a small business), so we certainly embrace young writers motivated by the byline and exposure.
We need writers and photographers for assignments generated by our editorial team, but also welcome pitches for new ideas. Topics we cover include home tours, studio visits, recipe/food stories, design ideas, how-tos and book reviews. For consideration for either assignments or pitches, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- A brief bio (or link to a personal website)
- Attachments or links to 2-3 writing samples (or a portfolio)
- For pitches, please also include a 200 word abstract, and if applicable, the accompanying imagery.
Fall internships at TRNK
We’re looking for a two interns to help with several key strategic projects this fall. Interns should be self-starters, problem solvers, and have an interest in design.
TRNK is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and creative merchandising intern. As a merchandising intern, you will have the opportunity to influence merchandising strategies for our ever-evolving assortment of unique home furnishings. You will work closely with editorial and operations teams to meet merchandising goals, and work directly with the company’s founders on vision and strategy. The position provides great training and insight for those seeking careers in merchandising or buying.
- Assistance with site merchandising, including finding, sourcing, and uploading products to CMS
- Purchase order management and merchandise planning
- Research potential vendors, suppliers, or product lines
- Contributions to merchandising strategy, including concepting of thematic sales and ideas for new product-oriented editorial features
- As-needed support for product development and vendor relations
- Knowledgeable and passionate about design and home interiors
- Able to multi-task and meet shifting deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with numbers
- Enthusiastic, willing to roll up your sleeves, and able to troubleshoot to get the job done
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop is a huge plus.
Terms & Instructions:
- Compensation will be hourly, in accordance with experience.
- Must be available at least 20 hrs/week and for at least three months.
- Interested candidates should submit a resume, along with a cover letter to [email protected] with “Merchandising Internship Application” in the subject line. Please include your available start date in the cover letter.